Grandview Lodge

Ariel view looking to the west
Ariel view looking to the west
After Otto Roehl sold Torpitt Hotel, he moved over to Grandview point to the east and built a small 10-room resort. Later this was expanded, and he operated the lodge until 1938. He leased the resort to his daughter Mildred and subsequently sold it to her in 1943. Her husband Cecil Darker gradually devoted more time to the resort, and their two sons Bill and David became the 3rd generation in the resort business. In 1973 Bill and his wife Gayla became owners. Grandview was purchased in 1988 by Jim and Susan Seabrook. At this time the name was changed to Grandview Lodge Resort. Tragically Jim was drowned in September 1993, but his remarried widow carried on the business with her second husband Rick Hollingshead.
The Main Lodge
The Main Lodge

Preserving the Past for the Future