Wiancko House was built in the early 1900s by Harold Wiancko, the son of Adolphus and Meta Wiancko. Adolphus emigrated from Prussia and bought this property in 1865. By 1875, the Wianckos were renting rooms in their home to summer visitors. The first Post Office on Sparrow Lake was located at the Wiancko residence and opened in 1878. The Wiancko family operated the hotel and Post Office until 1972 when it was sold, and later demolished.