Vanomi Hotel, built in 1910 by Joe Jackson, could accommodate 160 guests. In the 1930s it was run by W.H.O. (Pop) Mercer with sons Wally and Dalton. After Otto Roehl sold Grandview to his daughter Mildred and son in law Cecil Darker in 1943, he bought Vanomi Hotel and operated it until 1948 when he retired. Mary and David Gilinsky owned the lodge from 1948 to 1964 and renamed it Sparrow Beach Lodge. The building still stands today, an amazing reminder of an earlier era.Compiled by David Stanton.
A tour of the abandoned Sparrow Beach Lodge was published in 2010 by Michelle Basic Hendry. https://artscapes.ca/2010/12/02/sparrow-beach-lodge-muskoka/