Wild Echo Lodge

Wildecho1wildechoarielOriginally Helen’s Isle, this property was purchased by Tommy Dawson to start a small resort called Sundown Lodge. Walter Stanton, seeking to expand the Wildwood Inn resort, bought the property and built several more buildings, renaming it Wild Echo Lodge. He sold it to Fred and Peggy Adams in 1953 who operated it for many years. It was then sold to Bayview-Wildwood Resort and operated by Doug and Jane Stanton. The┬áproperty was later converted to time-share condominiums on a 49-year lease known as “The Cottages of Port Stanton.”wildechfin1wildechfin2

Preserving the Past for the Future