Hamyrth Lodge had its beginnings when Harry Schultz built a two-storey home in 1937 on the north shore of Sparrow Lake. The house was rented in the summers until 1940, and because Harry and Myrtle had made so many friends from their years in the resort business operating Mount Royal House, they built some cabins and started a small resort which they named Hamyrth Lodge. The name came from “Ha” for Harry, “Myr” from Myrtle and “Th” from Thelma their daughter. The Lodge operated for nearly thirty years before being sold to Doris and Archie Allison who later sold it to Clive and Christine Harding.
Compiled by David Stanton.