The original building called Bonheur Lodge was the home of Edwin Stanton, eldest son of Frank Stanton. Ed’s wife Flora took in a few guests each summer while Ed operated the Stanton Bros. Store. Ed’s brother Ernest bought the lodge later and operated it with his wife Clara, who renamed it Bayview Lodge. In 1955, Ernest’s son Ron Stanton with his wife Rene took over management. This building is no longer there, and the property became part of the Bayview-Wildwood complex.